IGNORED

n/a hp something like 300

silvey19k

ok ive been in to cars i have done some acuras and one hyundai and even a festiva yea a old one. i wanna make as close to 300 hp my z is a 4speed car and i want to keep the 4 in it dont ask why its just the ol school factor with me. i need to know what are good upgrades leav out the exhaust thats already a must for me and where to sorce some of the really hard to find parts it was easy on the others there are tons of aftermarket for them but the z looks like a tough one to track parts for but if you could give some insight it would be grate

300 na?? thats gonna be expensive. I'd assume cams, stroked, solex, oer, or weber carbs etc but I'm no expert. I know os giken produced the tc24 head for the L-series engine and it produced around 300 hp, good luck finding one though and for a reasonable price. good luck with your project!

NA 300hp on 91 octane unleaded is not possible despite what a lot of folks have posted. Figure 100 octane unleaded. You'll spend about $5,500 on the cylinder head, $3,500 on the bottom end, and another $3,000 on ancillaries. This is probably the minimum price assuming you're paying people to do the work.

And the TC24B is not just a cylinder head. Its a cam drive system, modified block, custom intake, custom exhaust, modified oiling system, etc. Its a complete engine package. Figure close to six figures for a new one. If you've got the money I can hook you up with Mr. Tomimatsu.

nice but on army pay i wish. i did not know that it was a whole pkg so thank you for the info.(knowing is half the battle) i found the head in a long search online and thought there has to be more to it than just a head. with head work and stock internals im wondering what i can get. really dont need much with as light as a car that it is but would like to brake at least 250 with some work. i have a couple of E88 heads that came with it and wonderd if it would be better than the n47 that is on the motor now the car is #matching thats why i wanna keep it kinda intact thats one reason for keeping the 4speed in the z. but if the E88 will help my power search ill switch over.

You can gain some HP(~25) by doing some relatively simple stuff, although not without some expense. Headers, cam, carbs. Assuming your engine is up-to-snuff in terms of compression, et al, you can gain some moderate increase in power, but not the monster numbers you wrote of in your original post.

ok that works im not used to a stright 6 when i did my hyundai i went turbo and just broke 250 but i did alot to it and i herd how good these engines are at making power from some ppl.but now i know what im looking for and i wanna make it more show than go on this one. now i know where to put the money ill just do the common upgrades and find some dress parts. im not sure about the carbs will i get more power out of those than the FI even if i upgraded it maby with some diffrent injectors.