Compression Ration with flat-tops. - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Compression Ration with flat-tops.

Featured Replies

Can anyone tell me how much compression/horsepower I would get just putting flat-top pistons in an F-54,P-90 combo? It has dished pistons right now.:classic:

  • Author

Thanks a lot Mudge! That thing was pretty neat. The ratio turned out to be around 8.5:1 though. I was hoping for higher than that. I also have an older 280 engine with an N-42 head that according to the calculator says has a 9.5:1 ratio(with flat-tops). Now I'm stuck wondering which engine I should use for my 240 swap. From replys I've had from other posts, everyone says I should use the F54-P90 combo but it looks like its going to cost a lot more to make it rowdy. Are there any other threads saying how much horsepower each 280 makes? Again thanks, you're a west coaster too eh? Cool!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.