fuel filter g4143 or g3359? - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

fuel filter g4143 or g3359?

Featured Replies

Hi, so I have a question regarding a new fuel filter. When I bought my car it came with an l28 but retained the flattop carbs from the 1973 year my car was made (1973 240z). Which fuel filter will it need? I've read that a 280z would use the fram g3359, but since mine retained the carbs, is it more probable that the original type fuel filter was retained and I should get the fram g4143? thanks!

It will need 2 fuel filters, one up by the engine and one inside the electric fuel pump at the back by the tank. The one in the electric pump is a canister type.

The one for the 280 is for high pressure, since you still have carbs you don't use the 280z filter.

  • Author

From what I understand the fuel filter in the engine bay will be the g4143 meant for the 240z, correct? and as for the fuel pump, I thought the 240z came with a mechanical fuel pump? or would that have been switched during the l28 swap? sorry for all the questions, just haven't been able to get that in depth with the car yet. Thank you!

The '73 had 2 fuel pumps. One mechanical and the other electric. Get under the back and you should see it.

  • Author

Oh ok. I'll do that as soon as I can. Thanks for all the help!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.