NEED '78 STOCK 5 speed shift knob - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

NEED '78 STOCK 5 speed shift knob

Featured Replies

I'm searching for a stock 5 speed shift knob, to replace mine which is stripped.

Can anyone help me locate one to purchase?

thanks, Steve

post-23235-14150813568974_thumb.png

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by sblake01

Steve,

Do you want to get rid of your stripped knob?

If so PM me.

Thanks.

Dave Ruiz

  • 1 month later...

Since these are so hard to locate, have you considered using a Heli-coil to restore the threads and re-use your shift knob?

I was looking for a replacement OEM knob for a couple of years until my sister totaled her Jaguar coupe. I was going to grab the shift knob off the Jag as a memento for her -that was until I discovered that it fit PERFECTLY on my Z. Woodgrain and real nice! She forgave me later - much later.

Edited by ZCurves

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.