timing chain tensioner - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

timing chain tensioner

Featured Replies

Hello everybody,

This time I really need an advice from 280Z gurus. Is there any gaskets between hydraulic chain tensioner and engine block? It is an enigma for me. Nissan dealer don't have and is not even specified in there data base. Nobody has it. I bought a Kit and does not have it. Please help.

Thank you

There is a gasket from the factory, but apparently it is not necessary because the replacement doesn't come with one and it is not available separately. I called a couple of local shops when I rebuilt mine and they both told me it is not necessary.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.