1978 280Z map lamp replacement - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1978 280Z map lamp replacement

Featured Replies

Does anyone know a replacement part number for the 5 watt push in map lamp? The service manuels that I have don't give an old number to cross reference it to.

Thanks!

Are you referring to the cabin light on the roof behind the seats (dome/cabin lamp) or the lamp above the vents on the dash (map light)?

AFAIK, You can get new replacement cabin lamp units, but not the map light. There are also L.E.D. inserts for the cabin lamp that is supposed to give more light, but I haven't heard of any kind of improvements for the map lamp. About all you can do is make sure you have good electrical connections with clean contacts everywhere. I use DeOxit 100 for the latter.

If I were you, I'd replace the lamp with an LED lamp anyway. Same with the dome light. The map light switch can wear very badly and heat, causing the plastic to deform.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

They make LED bulbs that will fit in place of the bulb that's in the map light. Had one in my 78. If I'm not mistaken, all the OP wants to know is the number of the bulb that's in the map light. If that's the case, its a 158.

Edited by sblake01

If you do try an L.E.D. in the map lamp, please let us know how well it works.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by sblake01
Off topic (as usual)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.