IGNORED

Dallas z owners with butterscotch interior?

saridout

ok, here's the diagram of how the vinyl and headliner goes on. i've taken some liberties with the scale, and the headliner you bought may or may not have as thick a foam as mine did.

the trouble we had with that pinch strip was that it kept stretching out so it wouldn't stay on the steel. i don't know if that's because we used the original strip, and if it is, i don't know if new is available. having two sets of hands made it possible though; i couldn't have done it without dad. also, we didn't use any adhesive under the pinch strip. i don't know if that's advisable, but once we got it on there, it wasn't coming off anyway.

EDIT: also note, we doubled up the foam padding under the vinyl, though i don't show it in this diagram, and also made it as wide as possible so the vinyl would look nice and smooth.

post-18856-14150813200872_thumb.jpg

Edited by saridout

The headliners i have do have padding on them but not enough for them to just hang there, or was it glued to the roof??? i suppose that since i have installed a sunroof and it hangs down about an inch i can glue in some 1" foam and stick it to that. seeing the pic of the wrapping around of the vinyl it makes sense to me now. that looks like it will be a bit$^ around the "a" pillar and roof area meeting point.

it definitely glues up there. you'll need contact cement. as for the sun roof, i have no idea how you should approach that. you might consider getting an upholsterer to help you out.

wrapping the vinyl where the A pillar meets the ceiling wasn't that bad, but like i said, two pairs of hands definitely makes things easier.