IGNORED

Has anybody tried these door seals

JohnnyO

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/70-71-72-73-Datsun-240Z-Door-Seal-Driver-Side-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3a240Q5AQQhashZitem19bea71e9cQQitemZ110572805788QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Says they come with the clips for the early cars. At this price I could buy OE but don't know if they are any better than the Black Dragon seals I have.

I put the Black Dragon seals on last month and I have had enough of that sh**.:angry:

John

Thanks for the info Mike. I missed that post. I will check with Les and see what they have come up with. I only need the doors at this point. I bought the complete kit from BD becuase MSA couldn't get the Precision kit. Everything else seems to fit nicely and appears to be correct based on what I pulled from my car during tear down. Even the hatch seal works decent although it did rub on the hinges a bit. Nothing that a little Sil-Lube couldn't rectify.

If they are supple enough for the doors to close and align properly I would gladly pay whatever they ask within reason.

I gave up on the BD seals yesterday after spending 4 hours trying to adjust the passenger door properly. No matter what I did (and I followed E's tutorial and others) the door was never even close to flush. When I thought I had it "close enough" I installed the welting and the door wouldn't close. I'm done. If it cost me $100.00 to redo my doors and they work properly I would have been ahead of the game.

I would still like to know if anyone has tried these. I would purchase one side just to see how soft the rubber is but they only offer exchanges, no refunds.

John