IGNORED

I have to sell her.

DougV

Alas.. still no work out here.. going broke... can't pay mortgage.. so the Zcar has to go. :(

So.. it's a '78 280z, HLS30-468771, with 109910 original miles. It's all there, I believe.. almost everything works very well... even the factory A/C. Has a split sunroof with passenger side missing. I made a replacement out of Plexiglass and sealed it, but it has a similar appearance to the glass side. I replaced the timing gear and chain recently, as well as a head gasket, no leaks. Still burning a little oil.. probably the valve seals that I didn't have the patience or tools to redo. All the interior gadgets still work, gauges, flip-down map light, clock, etc. It's got good tires on it and tracks fine. I drove it from here (las cruces, NM) to Abilene, TX with no troubles. It does experience some vapor lock at extreme temperatures outside and it still runs a little warm on occasion.. I think it might need a radiator. The interior is in fair to good condition, blah blah blah. Come see her, start her up and go for a drive.. I'd bring a trailer if you've got to take her a long way (because of the getting warm and possible vapor lock) unless you're not in a hurry to get home.. as letting it sit for 10-15 minutes usually results in ignition again. Could be something with the electric pump but I'm not really in a position to start replacing stuff again.

I need to get $1800 for the car, and that's a FIRM price. Hell, ANY car out here with working A/C is worth that.

Feel free to CALL ME (I don't have much time for checking emails or forums now that I'm on a desperate job hunt.) to discuss viewing/purchasing options. There are pictures on the forum of the car, but I can email you some recent ones if you need them.

Doug

575-405-0360

Please, serious inquiries only and only if you can have the money within the next 2 to 3 weeks. I need this car to sell and I'm sure whoever buys her won't be disappointed.. there's only ONE place with any rust to be concerned about. There's a spot on the cowl coming thru the paint that I must have missed. The other spot is under the hood in front, on the inside panel by the left headlight.. about fist sized.. one layer rusted thru.. the backing layer looks okay.

Edited by DougV

That sig is old and a quote I used to giggle about. No hidden or non-hidden meanings there.. I'll be fine, I'm sure.. especially if I can find a new home for my Z. It'll buy me a couple more months of job search at the very least.