IGNORED

Manifold-Insulator-Carb Gasket Question

Travel'n Man

Does anybody have the Nissan item number for the gasket that goes on both sides of the Insulator (Nissan 16174-E8800) for the carbs to manifold? I have my engine out and carbs broke down and can not find the item number for Nissan in the June '74 Issue parts book or on any past post.......

Carbs are Hitachi's:

HJG46W-F8

HJG46W-R8

Thanks in advance!

All that part number stuff gives me a head ache.....

Here is the scoop!

Nisan Part Number 16174-E8801 Insulator Carbu

Brand new Insulators for your carbs comes with gaskets - order them from your local Nissan Parts Manager - beautiful color insulators with brand new attached gaskets - this is all one part - insulator with gaskets attached to both sides from the factory.

My Nissan Parts Manager charged me under $12.00 each - I hope this helps somebody on down the road

Are they the OEM bake-lite insulators and are they the correct thickness for the early cars?

The insulators do clean up great with some 1000 grit and a light buffing so I guess I don't know why you would want to replace them every time you pull them off the manifold.

Pretty sure the gaskets come with the most carb rebuild kits out there.

Just my 4 cents, 2 cents for the opinion and 2 cents for the new tax the democrats imposed on opinions they don't like....

Does anybody have the Nissan item number for the gasket that goes on both sides of the Insulator (Nissan 16174-E8800) for the carbs to manifold?

Getting a little off track - but this issue takes me back almost 40 years. When my Z was still near new, one of the gaskets needed to be replaced. Datsun dealers were few and far between where I lived at the time, but British car dealerships were a bit more common. The parts department at the local British Leyland dealer sold me gaskets for (if I remember correctly) an Austin Healey 3000 that fit perfectly on the insulator block.

Dennis