window regulator interchangeability - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

window regulator interchangeability

Featured Replies

Hello all , I'm hoping someone could help me . I own a early 71z and I was recently given a set of doors from a 74-76 260 2+2 . The doors are all intact with very good operating regulators . Are these parts interchangeable with my 71 ?

Thanks for your help

Chris

  • Author

Good morning , no love so far for my question ? Enrique , you know these cars well , could you chime in hopefully .

Thanks for any help .

Chris

No, they will not fit. There were three models of window regulators. 70-73,

74-76 and 77-78. I went through that problem with my early 74 260Z. Maybe if the doors are identical, in lenght that is, you could swap the whole door.

Cheers,

  • Author

Thank you for the reply , you have confirmed my suspicions . Now sadly I must do what has to happen next , off to the junkyard for someone else to find maybe . I have tried to give them away for free including a rear hatch ,all with perfect glass and such . If anyone here is near Vancouver , British Columbia shoot me a pm in the next couple of days and you can come to me and pick them up . I do not do the Ebay thing and I don't like to warehouse things I can't use .

Have a great day all

Chris

Chris. I have 240 regulators in great shape. Don't go to the junk yard yet. Drop me a line at z240@shaw.ca and we'll get them on the way.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thankz , but I don't need regulators , I was hoping to pull the ones out of the 2+2 doors and just stash them away in case I ever had a need to replace mine , Now I'm hoping someone local could take them from me and find a good use for the parts .

See ya

Chris

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.