Does this look stock? - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Does this look stock?

Featured Replies

I decided to pull my rocker cover this afternoon to see what's what before I pull the engine for a refresh later this year. Everything looked pretty good to my untrained eye.

post-20531-14150812016734_thumb.jpg

I'm trying to figure out if the motor has ever been apart before or if it has been modified by the PO.

1. Does anyone know if the sealant around this plug looks like it would from the factory or is this evidence of a rebuild?

post-20531-14150812017128_thumb.jpg

2. The cam bearing caps have an "A" on them. Is this done at the factory?

post-20531-14150812017392_thumb.jpg

3. The cam has red paint on it. Factory?

post-20531-14150812017757_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.