Undercoating - Page 2 - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Undercoating

Featured Replies

I agree with SPOKANEZ. It's all in the preparation. I did some panels on th e72 that I am working on with abrasive discs and a ROLOC tool. The discs work reasonably well but not able to get to all the pits and crevixes. I finally took my friends advice and go a CLARKE 20 Gallon sandblasting pot and the results are amazing. The sand hits it all and turns the metal with. After that I seal with RUSTOLEUM rust reformer. SKS black works pretty good for a final coat but I think I am going to put a layer of POR15 between the SKS and the reformer. The sand does a much better job than the discs but stripping and re-sealing can be like that. But when i close this car up in the future I won't have any issues ever again. Will post pics as soon as I can. I shot the gas tank and it looked the way it did before it was installed in Yokohama many years ago.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.