Nissan Comp R200 Finned Cover - fitting size? - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Nissan Comp R200 Finned Cover - fitting size?

Featured Replies

Hi all,

I have an old Nissan Comp (P/N 38351-P9010K) R200 Finned Cover I am about to put into service, however it did not come with literature, nor does the Nissan Comp parts catalog that I have list what I need.

I'm looking for the thread size of the two fluid holes at the back of the cover where you should connect the -8 oil lines to diff pump & cooler.

Can someone confirm if they are indeed M16x1.5?

I've got nothing in my box of fittings that is remotely close & so I need to buy a new pair of straight AN adapters.

Thanks,

-e

  • Author

<bump>

nobody has this part?

alright, I'll figure it out - had to ask cause it saved me a trip to the hardware store...

i'll report back if anyone's curious.

-e

  • Author

Hi all

The fluid fitting size is M14x1.5 for both inlet and outlet. What I've read indicates that Nissan recommended -8 AN lines to a pump + cooler, but if you look at the inner diameter of the metric end of a M14x1.5 to -8AN adapter it seems tiny!

It's almost 1/4"... that seems like a mighty small hole to push fluid through...

i want to believe Nissan got it right of course... but it just seems so small, not to mention that both the inlet and outlet are located at the same height - approx 1" above the bottom of the cover.

Has anyone tried using the main bottom drain plug as an outlet to cooler?

-8 is fine for a diff cooler. You're not pumping fluid that fast or under that high of a pressure. I normally don't use the factory fill and drain plug openings because it makes a fluid change a pain. I just drill and weld on threaded bungs where I want them. Returning the cooled oil to the pinion shaft (drill and top on top of the housing) helps to cool the shaft and the gears.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.