IGNORED

Nissan Comp R200 Finned Cover - fitting size?

EricB

Hi all,

I have an old Nissan Comp (P/N 38351-P9010K) R200 Finned Cover I am about to put into service, however it did not come with literature, nor does the Nissan Comp parts catalog that I have list what I need.

I'm looking for the thread size of the two fluid holes at the back of the cover where you should connect the -8 oil lines to diff pump & cooler.

Can someone confirm if they are indeed M16x1.5?

I've got nothing in my box of fittings that is remotely close & so I need to buy a new pair of straight AN adapters.

Thanks,

-e

Hi all

The fluid fitting size is M14x1.5 for both inlet and outlet. What I've read indicates that Nissan recommended -8 AN lines to a pump + cooler, but if you look at the inner diameter of the metric end of a M14x1.5 to -8AN adapter it seems tiny!

It's almost 1/4"... that seems like a mighty small hole to push fluid through...

i want to believe Nissan got it right of course... but it just seems so small, not to mention that both the inlet and outlet are located at the same height - approx 1" above the bottom of the cover.

Has anyone tried using the main bottom drain plug as an outlet to cooler?

-8 is fine for a diff cooler. You're not pumping fluid that fast or under that high of a pressure. I normally don't use the factory fill and drain plug openings because it makes a fluid change a pain. I just drill and weld on threaded bungs where I want them. Returning the cooled oil to the pinion shaft (drill and top on top of the housing) helps to cool the shaft and the gears.