IGNORED

Door Seals

78tenn

I purchased a full set of seals for my 78'Z from Motorsport. I only installed the door seal on the drivers side because it seemed too thick. I have to slam the door really hard to close it tight and the road noise is more than before. I was hoping that over time, it would compress. It has been 6mo. and no improvement. Does anyone have any tips. thanks

Weatherstrip from Precision is generally one size fits all crap. I installed it on my 240's inner rear hatch and the doors and could not get either to close without violent slamming. It also raised the height of the hatch nearly a quarter of an inch above the roof on the passenger side.

The old adage of "give it 6, 8 months or a year to relax" is BS. Not acceptable. You have two choices as I see it: buy the oem weatherstrip from Nissan (good but expensive) or go to the pick and pull and get creative. I found a Kia sportage with very nice door strips and took the rear hatch seal from mid-nineties Acura Integra. The doors close as they should with no air or water leaks and the hatch closes with a nice tight thud.