IGNORED

New dashboard installed...

conedodger

I owe a thank you to someone... I just did a search to see if I could figure out who. A year or more back, someone gave a head-up on a Craigslist like new dashboard in the Seattle area. The price was dirt cheap considering it was like new, has all the gauges installed and wiring harness in place. $300 as I recall. I had a friend local to the guy make the deal in person and pay cash. He held the dash until spring in his spare bedroom and then brought it down to me in the back of his SUV.

Anyway, today my '73 240Z got treated to a like new dashboard and a Mr. K autographed glove-box door. Not quite ready for pictures yet but soon. I have to pick up the newly powdercoated dash finisher that goes in front of the windshield forward of the dash and install that then reinstall the windshield tomorrow.

So whoever it was that gave the head-up on the Craigslist dashboard -

THANKS!!!

Could it possibly be this one? It wasn't a year back but it was in Seattle.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?p=320017&highlight=craigslist+dash#post320017

If it was, glad to be of help.... even though a certain someone thinks these kinds of posts are ...uummmm...whats the word.....ah never mind. :cheeky:

Anyway, glad to see you got a great dash as well as a great deal! :)

That's it! I can't believe it has been a year and a half. What a journey too! I had my friend Jon pick it up and pay for it and he held it in his spare bedroom for a while. Then my friend Jamie was going to Seattle from Medford OR and he picked it up and kept it at his house for a while. Finally, another friend - Todd was coming down to California and made a side trip off of Hwy 5 to my house to drop it off.

Big thanks to Mike B. This thing is beautiful!!! Pictures later I have to work on the 914 today. (shhh... Don't tell it. It's getting a new 2.4 liter stroker motor.)