IGNORED

Got my carbs back

segdoh

Well,got my carbs back from Z therapy.They are the cats arse.But,I am back to square one.I cant seem to get them tuned in.When the car gets hot,it wants to cut out,sputter and pop.It seems to want to run better when I have the choke on half way.I did find a stock air cleaner and it seems to help.Any info would be a great help.......................Thanks ,Matt

Okay, as part of our on going 24/7 customer service program I just talked with Steve and he told me to tell you what he told you yesterday. "RICHEN THEM UP". Go for a big adjustment taking those nozzles down a couple of turns and see if it's better. If it's not quite there keep going. If it's blubbery back it off a little.

Pulling the choke on is doing the same thing as lowering the nozzles bacause that's what it does is lower the nozzles. That's why when you push the choke off it goes back to spitting and popping (LEAN). Just take 'em down to where they start to get happy and fine tune from there.

Hey Bruce how goes it.Yes I did all his last night.The more I turn them in or out,the worse it gets.I will give it another shot today after work.Should I be able to get a good setting and run the car with out the air filter on?I have a pretty good setting now with a little popping back through the exhaust during ecceleration on the down shift.

Matt,

Good morning. To do what you need to get done there shouldn't be any in or out. You need to run those nozzles down until the spitting back thru the carbs stops. Take 'em down, drive the car (aircleaner off is fine) keep doing that until the coughing and the like stops.

Do you have the adjuster on the nozzles that have the notchy disk with the spring retainer?

DVD in the machine for review maybe? The answer is in there I'm sure....

First off,Thanks for all your help guys.With some coaching from Steve from ZT.I got it right.She runs as smooth as silk.I had the choke cable set to high.that was causing a mis-adjustment in my carbs.Then I had my collector pipe, were it connectes to the exhaust pipe welded...no more popping!!!yahoo..So to every one that put in 2 cents worth..Thank ya,Thank ya,Thank ya..Now how about this one?I have a fuel smell in side the car.I see no leaks.That I can see.So fire away with your opinions.....oh ya, I see alot of different settings for spark plugs NGK,s that is.Im going with BPR6ES.Set at .40 ???????

Matt,

For a points system .032" would be about max for plug gap. .045" or so for electronic ignition.

I told Steve just now that the first words out of our mouths when diagnosing misbehaving carbs should be "Do you have some slack in your choke cables when the choke is off"? Can't say how many trips around the barn we have taken with guys trying this and trying that. to no avail, getting more and more frustrated all the time only to find out the choke cables are so tight they are pulling the nozzles down.

So anybody with carb issues, check 'em first, then call...... That is all!!