no electrical power on a 1977 280z - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

no electrical power on a 1977 280z

Featured Replies

I was changing out the starter and like a DA reversed the + and soleinoid connections. After realizing my mistake, and a few cranking moments later, I reversed the connections. Now I have no electrical power to the car? I changed out the ignition switch, fusilbe links are still good, battery is good. Its like there is a master fuse link blown somewhere in the vehicle but I can't find it? I have power to the connection side of the switch but nothing after that. its like the entire car is dead? Any thoughts

  • 1 year later...

did you ever figure out the problem i did the exact same thing and i also have no power

marcus

Being he only has 7 posts in a year... I doubt hes been here in along time..

Start with the basics.. Check your fuses...

Check your fusible links. Make sure you download the FSM for your car and read through the EE and BE sections so you can diagnose and repair your electrical system.

There are no master fuses other than the fusible links.

If I understand correctly, you ran the red (+) cable to the engine ground and the black (-) cable to the hot post on the starter? If that's what happened, you might have destroyed your battery. Does it have voltage? Will it put out current?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.