IGNORED

front hood emblem removal

New-to-240z

Was wondering how the front hood emblem is attached? I am going to be roller painting my car soon and wanted to remove this, but add it later (i know I can buy a new one . . . but DAMN they are expensive!) Can I just heat it up and remove it or is it clipped in? How would one unclip it?

Thanks in advance guys (and girls!)

It's held in place via two pins. Those pins are inserted into inserts that fit inside holes drilled in the hood. They are located at the 9 & 3 o'clock position on the emblem.

I'd use a thin putty knife-type device and gradually pry up one side, then the other until it comes loose. Be careful, those pins are not very stout and will break easier than you think. You're also likely to need new retaining inserts unless you can salvage them when removing the emblem.

Good luck.

My 78 had pins (5/78 build date) so if Nissan switched to tape it wasn't during the run of the S30.

I don't have any nos hood emblems to reference, but on the early nos metal quarter emblems I do have, Nissan used both pins and tape. :cool:

post-10534-14150811577659_thumb.jpg

post-10534-14150811577863_thumb.jpg