IGNORED

cant get the carbs right

segdoh

Well!!!!rebuilt my carbs.I cant seem to get the floats set right.So before I take a hammer to them I want to give it another try.I have been trying to set the floats by the tweak and peek method.You know take off the domes,pull out the piston,look at the the fuel level.I just cant seem to get them set at that right level.I either cant see the fuel or it is flooding over the top.when I did get it set so the car would run pretty good,I had alot of popping out the exhaust.some call it character.Personally I dont like it.To each his own..Dont worry guys I wont use the hammer.Just blowing off some steam.I will probably send them to Ztherapy for the rebuild.I have heard enough storys about how well they work after Bruce gets done with them.I just wish I had the common sense:stupid: to do it myself..:angry:errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I agree with Lonnie above - call Bruce and get the video. You might need to watch parts of if twice but it is a just as important as any metric wrench in your tool box. Get a sync tool also if you don't have one. There have been tons of posts on all the tricks and tips, you may want to use the search feature if you have not done that yet either.

Don't want to put too fine a point on this, but just to remind everyone that my name gets bandied about as the wizard of ZTherapy, when in fact, I'm just the voice on the phone who does the counseling with customers. Steve and Pam, the owners, are my back ups and the ones responsible for putting wheels on the wagon.

My claim to fame has to do with the fact that I have, over the years, put better than 400,000 miles on these carbs and #2 I really enjoy helping guys get through the decision making process. My creed is "If you need it I'll be happy to sell it to you, If you don't, I'll certainly try and talk you out of it"........

We now return you to your regular scheduled programming.......

Arne,could you possibly give me some kind of a photo or drawing.Not to sound stupid,but I dont quite follow what you are saying.I get the clear tube and all,but do you just hook it up like the normal fuel line and start the car? How can that give you a fuel level in the bowl?

Don't want to put too fine a point on this, but just to remind everyone that my name gets bandied about as the wizard of ZTherapy, when in fact, I'm just the voice on the phone who does the counseling with customers. Steve and Pam, the owners, are my back ups and the ones responsible for putting wheels on the wagon.

My claim to fame has to do with the fact that I have, over the years, put better than 400,000 miles on these carbs and #2 I really enjoy helping guys get through the decision making process. My creed is "If you need it I'll be happy to sell it to you, If you don't, I'll certainly try and talk you out of it"........

We now return you to your regular scheduled programming.......

OK....Steve and Pam are the bomb....Bruce,,, you just stand on their shoulders..Just kidding Bruce is a great guy with a wealth of knowlege