1972 240 Lights not working - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1972 240 Lights not working

Featured Replies

I don't know exactly when the problem started but just recently I realized that my lights ( tail lights and interior dash lights) aren't working. Brakes and blinkers work just fine but when I go and turn the switch on for the interior lights nothing turns on. I figured it might be an inline fuse but the one that I could find was fine. All of the other fuses are fine as well. The headlights work just fine... So has anyone else had this problem before? If so help please! Thanks!

Old fuses can look good, but be bad. Physically test the fuses with an Ohm-meter. That'd be your first diagnostic test.

Did you do any installations, repairs, or otherwise add/remove/repair/replace ANYTHING to do with the electrical system of the car?

That is sometimes the shortest route to finding the source of the problem.

E

If you still have the original fuse box, check the tightness of your fuse clips. Mine were so loose that I started having things (like the radio) shut off and turn back on at random intervals because the clips were rattling.

I used really small tie-wraps to squeeze the clips together, but MSA and others sell replacement fuse boxes as well.

  • Author

Sweet guys! thanks for your help! I was one of the fuses! it actually began to fall apart in one of the tips and I hadn't realized it... thanks d240zx2! now everything works again!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.