Dual Racing Mirror - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Dual Racing Mirror

Featured Replies

I have the original optional Dual Racing Mirror set (99990-00113) on my '72. The mirror on the passenger side door has become flaccid - every time the door is closed the mirror changes position. I've looked for a friction lock on the bottom of the mirror but don't see it.

Does anyone have any ideas to keep the mirror from flopping around?

I have the original optional Dual Racing Mirror set (99990-00113) on my '72. The mirror on the passenger side door has become flaccid - every time the door is closed the mirror changes position. I've looked for a friction lock on the bottom of the mirror but don't see it.

Does anyone have any ideas to keep the mirror from flopping around?

On the underside of the mirror in the indented area, you'll see 2 screws. Remove those and then slide the actual mirror out the front of the casing.

Once removed, you'll see another 2 screws that hold a pressure plate against the "ball" section of the mounting arm. Tighten those.

Here's a pic of a set broken down.

post-10534-14150811248168_thumb.jpg

I have the original optional Dual Racing Mirror set (99990-00113) on my '72. The mirror on the passenger side door has become flaccid - every time the door is closed the mirror changes position. I've looked for a friction lock on the bottom of the mirror but don't see it.

Does anyone have any ideas to keep the mirror from flopping around?

Give this link a shot

http://www.v8-240z.com/files/datsun/mirrors/Z_Car_Mirror_Repair.htm

I had the same problem, I used Shoo Goo on mine on the little ball the others are talking about. You could probably use any silicon caulking to give it the extra holding power in that area.

  • Author
On the underside of the mirror in the indented area, you'll see 2 screws. Remove those and then slide the actual mirror out the front of the casing.

Once removed, you'll see another 2 screws that hold a pressure plate against the "ball" section of the mounting arm. Tighten those.

Here's a pic of a set broken down.

Got ya ;)

I thought that the two outer screws provided clamping force, so I was surprised to find them tight. Now it all makes sense.

Thanks guys.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

One of my mirrors wa still not that tight, so I put some thin, 0.030" thick rubber between the housing & the ball. Fixed the problem.

  • 10 months later...

I made a washer of 80 grit emery cloth with a slot cut into it, and set it around the base of the ball. Pinched in between the ball and the head socket, it holds fast.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.