IGNORED

unknown switch

Davis

Gentlemen - 1972 Z switch for ???

I wonder if you can help me with this. Attached are some pictures of a switch that was installed on the console just above the ash tray. Judging by the hole was drilled (rough) it was installed as an after thought. Since I have had the car I could never see what it operated.

This switch is not a 2 position item - it springs back to the center position that you see in the picture. The switch knob can move both directions (left and right) I seem to think the center position is OFF

The switch connectors look like factory original parts.

All my lights seem to work ok so I have no idea what it was intended to operate.

Any thoughts

regards Dave

post-19888-14150811201935_thumb.jpg

post-19888-14150811202622_thumb.jpg

post-19888-14150811203251_thumb.jpg

post-19888-14150811203812_thumb.jpg

It is the antenna switch. It was common practice back in the day when replacing the original radio with an aftermarket unit, to relocate the antenna switch and the side of the console was a popular place to put it.