IGNORED

240sx wheels on a 280zx

81na ZX

OK, so I'm a noobie at all this wheel crap. My other cars either had lots of wheels that fit easy (DSM) or no wheels besides Panasports (4x3.75 Lotus and 4x110 early RX-7). So I have no ideas about this whole backspacing to offset thing. Reading descriptions doesn't help - I mean I get the ideas but, never can find any real numbers to compair :stupid:

SO.... Short and simple, what will it take to fit on a 240sx wheel on my 81?

What size spacers?

• 1 month later...

Some info I can't find is what the wheel size and offset of a stock 240SX wheel is.

I'm guessing 15x6 inch wheel, but does anyone know the offset?

The 280ZX 6-star aluminum wheel is 14x6 with +12mm offset.

You'll need a 15x6 wheel with 0-20mm offset in my opinion. The greater the offset, the more the wheel will set back inside the fender.

wheelOffsetIllustration.gif

Image taken from DiscountTire.com :finger:

Probably wont affect you with a 280zx, but another thing to think about with more modern cars it that the wheel has to clear the brake calipers also. Some cars have huge brake calipers like skyline GTR's and just because the offset might be right, doesnt mean the spokes of the wheel will clear the brake caliper.