IGNORED

Help on parts identification

lynnjones

Howdy Ya'll:

I'm Lynn Jones and I have a problem I am in urgent need of help with. Recently bought a street rod that supposedly has rear suspension and brakes from a mid-70's Z Car with rear drum brakes and coil springs (I mention this because the only illustration I can find that looks like my brake adjuster assembly is that of a Datsun 1600). I have some braking issues. Neither I, my mechanic, or the guy I bought the rod from knows the year. My problem is identifying the year of the Manual Brake Adjuster Assembly. The right side assembly is missing what are called Side Tappets (that engage the star wheel). I am also having issues identifying the brake cylinders. I described what I have to the folks at Zcarsorce and they sent me a self adjusting unit and cylinders that are not like mine at all.

Another problem....I am using Microsoft Office Exchange and do not know how to send photosthrogh this web site. If you have possible answers for me on the adjusters and cylinders (or how to send photos) please email me

at x1jones@iastate.ed and I'll send the photos of my application.

Thanks!

With all the models of Datsuns out there, we're gonna need that picture to help ID the part. Just take a picture, save it on your computer or upload it at a site like Photobucket or something like a picture hosting site, then leave the link here for us to see it.

May be complicated on your end but the sooner you do it, the better we can help ya.

Dave

have a street rod with brake issues. Rear suspension/brakes are suppose to be from mid-70'z but do not know the year. One manual adjuster is missing both side tappets and I need wheel cylinders on both sides. Can you help with identification or with parts?

Lynn

post-21755-14150811141732_thumb.jpg

post-21755-14150811142324_thumb.jpg

post-21755-14150811142902_thumb.jpg

post-21755-14150811143478_thumb.jpg

post-21755-14150811144051_thumb.jpg

post-21755-14150811144615_thumb.jpg

have a street rod with brake issues. Rear suspension/brakes are suppose to be from mid-70'z but do not know the year. One manual adjuster is missing both side tappets and I need wheel cylinders on both sides. Can you help with identification or with parts?

Lynn

That rear suspension is from a Datsun 160Jsss, 710 series, as are the brakes. Mine was a year 1975. Best of luck finding parts for it