Sound Deadening, Anyone Heard/Used This One? - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Sound Deadening, Anyone Heard/Used This One?

Featured Replies

Probably just spray can undercoating. If you want to use undercoating for sound deadening you need something with more body than what can come from an aerosol can. You need to use 3M Body Schutz, and put it on thick.

Alternatively, I use a product called eDead 80 from Elemental Designs. It's 80 mil thick aluminum foil backed butyl rubber, cheaper than Dynamat, and just as good. I did a lot of research on various paint/pour systems and foil backed variety and chose eDead.

Alternatively, I use a product called eDead 80 from Elemental Designs. It's 80 mil thick aluminum foil backed butyl rubber, cheaper than Dynamat, and just as good. I did a lot of research on various paint/pour systems and foil backed variety and chose eDead.

I bought edead as well after reading a series of test on several sound deadeners. It came in 2nd and was much cheaper than Dynamat. I picked up to rolls, 60 sq/ ft for $70.00 shipped on Ebay.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.