IGNORED

Window Fuzzy Attachment

tlorber

Has anyone here installed the inner window fuzzies onto the door panel? I saw some old posts that talked about potential fixes but nothing definitive. The original ones were stapled on with a very heavy staples.

The squeegees were attached to the outside stainless piece in the same manner. Is there an adhesive that will remain attached?

Mine were re-installed with small pop rivets after the PO had the car redone in tan velour. They were filed smooth. They lie beneath the fuzz and don't scratch the window. I am currently doing a re-upholstery of the door panels and will use the same method to re-install the fuzz strips. Hope this helps

Cheers, Mike

I was givin new Fuzzy's and when I installed them, I opened the "Staple" things and some broke. So I used a large Paper clip, bent into the same shape, drilled out the holes in the Fuzzy and reinstalled like OEM. You can't tell that it's anything other than stock.

Dave

I bent the clips into as tight of a 90* as possible, marked the holes and drilled them, slid the staple (Paper-clip) thru, pressed on the staple (on the fuzzy side and used a pair of Needle-Nose to pull tight and keep pressure as I bent them inwards. Then I used a weird pair of C-clamp style vise-grips to get behind and give that extra little squeeze.

I also used some rubber cement on both the strip and door panel, to minimize movement and vibration.

I also used a Q-Tip to dab on a little clear coat on the staples to slow the rust down. As raw paper-clips are prone to rust. I would have taken pictures but I didn't have a Digital Camera until about 6 or 7 years ago.

Does that help?

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain