IGNORED

Flat tops to SU Carbs - Help

H3nrY

hello all,

I am a fellow Belgian 260Z owner. My 260Z is overall in very good condition, it runs well at all speeds but I notice a large lag when revving at lower speeds. After browsing to these forums, I decided to ditch the Flat Top carbs and replace them with proper SU´s. Because my engine is fairly stock, I will not go for triple webers.

- I will order the 260Z SU conversion kit from this guy:

http://www.paltech1.com/ this is way cheaper than over here in Belgium. It would cost me over 900 dollars (euro).

Any way, I would like to know what I can remove and where to put the cables after doing the conversion. I added a picture of my engine bay.

post-21463-14150810928222_thumb.jpg

Note that the advice to 'ditch the Flat Top carbs and replace them with proper SU´s' pertains to 240Zs and 260z that were destined for the United States/Notrh America. The problem with the carbs they sent here is that they were modified to meet the emissions standards of the day. The non-North American market Flat Tops are a different carb. You'd save a lot of money by just rebuilding yours.

I agree with Stephen. Unless your car is a US car that was later imported to Europe (and from the picture, that does not appear to be the case), I'd stay with the carbs you have and reuild and tune them.

Hey

Thanks for the comments, I know from the previous owner, that the carbs were imported from the US. (those flat tops, so I guess the smog regulated stuff is on there).