Geography - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Geography

Featured Replies

OK.. here's a dumb question from a non-American: what do you mean by 'Bay Area'? This world of our has a lot of coastline with a lot of concave portions (bays) and lots of those have cities on them. Do you mean San Francisco Bay? (I'm guessing but there seem to be lot of Californian members).

Enlighten us...

Hi halz,

It's the San Francisco bay area.

Don't feel bad. I've lived in California 42 of my 49 years and it wasn't until I lived in S.F. that I realized where the "Bay Area" was! I thought at first it may be the Santa Monica Bay area.

It's funny how we become accustomed to regional terms without realizing that people outside our area don't know what we're refering too.

Hope that helps,

Rob

  • Author

I don't feel bad. As they say, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask... I've been playing quite a guessing game with the locations people give on this site.

'socal' The county of southern california?

This would be equivalent to me saying I'm from W.A. or Vic and expecting everyone to know that these are states in Australia. I'm learning...

  • Author

Yep, I'm north of the river too... the Swan that is... are you talking about the Brisbane River?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.