IGNORED

Saw Another 240Z Today!

Oiluj

About 4 years ago we were heading southbound on the Merritt Parkway

when at a distance I saw the rear of a car that looked like an 240/60/80Z.

I accelerated to way over the speed limit in an attempt to catch it, but

never did by the time we reached our exit. But I got close enough to see

that it was a #113 metallic green 1972.

I remember the incident clearly since I hadn't seen one on the road for

several years, and haven't seen one on the road since. That's just the

way it is in the Rust Belt.

FWIW,...............All Z Best,..................Kathy & Rick

Mine is the only 240Z on the road in the entire county, none in hiding that I know of. Since it has been refurbished after a long sleep, stories and rumors have been going around about it and the Z cars that have come and gone in this tiny town.

The most infamous one was the first one, an orange 70 bought in April as a HS graduation present for Lynn, the rich spoiled kid. He gave that car hell and it took it! He even used it in the pasture to round up cattle! Several times! Took it to drag races! Burned up tires doing doughnuts and power-braking! People in this town STILL remember that car. Muffler shop owner told me his stories about it when mine went in.

The other 2 were brothers that were Doctors. One was orange the other was lime, (cars, not Dr's) both 71's. Both were driven daily for about 5 years then both traded off at the same time. There were several other 240's but all were gone or off the road by the early to mid 80's, IIRC.

I sometimes get asked if it is for sale. For fun I usually say, 'sure, if its enough. Start putting money on the table, I'll tell you when to quit.' :)

Bonzi Lon