taillight harness connectors - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

taillight harness connectors

Featured Replies

The connectors on my '70 Z (5/70) are large. When I order a harness, I get ones with small connectors. What is he correct size? The connector from the harness has the larger connector. See pics.

post-18000-14150810700344_thumb.jpg

post-18000-14150810700956_thumb.jpg

post-18000-14150810701472_thumb.jpg

Large connectors were used on Series 1 cars in the USA, through about 12/70 production. The small connectors were used from then through the end of '73 production. The early style (large connector) taillight wiring is different from the later cars, too. In the early cars both upper bulbs work as brake lights, but only the outers are brake lights in the later cars.

I may still have a pair of the correct large connector taillight harnesses. PM me if you're interested.

Is there a source for the bulb sockets? Both my Backup Lamp sockets are badly corroded and need replacing. Thanks.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Thanks, Arne. I contacted ZSource, they had sent the wrong harnesses. They sent the right ones and gave me a shipping label to send the others back.

BTW, pardon the dumb question: With the key off, if I step on the brake pedal, shouldn't the brake lights come on?

Mike

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.