IGNORED

Help.. Trying to reinstall Chrome trim around rear window

70 240z

Someone please tell me there is an easy way to get the chrome trim back around my rear window. I gained way to many gray hairs trying to get it reinstalled on my front window, I'm sure someone has a neat trick to get it back in.

Thanks,

Many people (including the professional glass man who did mine) install the trim into the rubber BEFORE installing the glass into the hatch. If that is no longer an option, I believe there are special tools for this (that may or may not work well).

I just had my weather striping installed and after fighting the rear window and ruining the rubber I had a professional install the front and rear windows. He installed the chrome strip first. He also removed the rear window and placed the chrome strip in it and them reinstalled it. He used some lubricant and a string and pounded on the glass to get it sealed, This was not his first 240z. I think he charged $ 150 or so for both.

Bob M