IGNORED

Power assist kaput?

oldhemi

So, I start fooling with the brakes on The Turd today. Still banging away on the rear drums. Thanks to Anthonyg, I have backups for when I give up being gentle but firm and take the sawzall to those bastards.

While taking a break from the brakes, I sit inside the car and push on the pedal. Hard as a rock. Not what I expected. I thought that the pedal would go to the floor from the M/C being nearly empty on both reservoirs.

The car has been siting for 18-19 years and there was a hydraulic leak in the brake system when i parked it.

Anyone with this experience think that I have a bad booster or is the M/C rod stuck? A new M/C was in the plan. A booster was not.

Thanks Frank, I hadn't thought of that.

I just got off the phone with a guy that had this problem with a Maxima. Was a stuck M/C.

Ztrain, I am assuming that you are talking about a rod adjustment? I have yet to research M/C adjustments and replacements.

But, I will absolutely guarantee that whatever it is, I will break it on this car. Nearly every nut and bolt has been a breaking experience. The car laughs at Kroil, PB Blaster, Liquid wrench, propane heat and patience. Come to think of it, it did when it was new!

I think that it is time to pay this car back a little. I think that I will start on floor pan replacement. I'll see if the she-devil that lives within this car screams while I cut out the rot with various tools of destruction.