IGNORED

76 280z help

rzkas

Hi? i searched but i cant find a thread that talks about lowering method. i want to lower my 76 280z all the way down or close to the tire. i mean bring the fender close to wheel. i dont like the gap.

how should i do thi? what do i need to do or what set up should i use to get this result. any suggestion on springs name and shocks.

i am going to put 17" rims/wheel on this car. what is the wheel dimension or width that will fit this car without any problem like rubbing.

what is the best exhaust/muffler to put on this car that will give it a better deep and smooth sound.

i want to put in racing seat. what dimension of racing seat will fit perfectly width and height wise? in order to install racing seat in the car do i need to buy new bracket or i can use the bracket already in the car.

finally, i can i get ride of or treat the rust in the interior

If the rust is bad enough, you need to deal with that before adding the go fast goodies. All that money you are wanting to put into mods will be wasted if the unibody car is not solid. I imagine that the rust you are talking about is on the floor pans. Your racing seat might fall through if you don't have good solid floors.

Hi? i searched but i cant find a thread that talks about lowering method. i want to lower my 76 280z all the way down or close to the tire. i mean bring the fender close to wheel. i dont like the gap.

how should i do thi? what do i need to do or what set up should i use to get this result. any suggestion on springs name and shocks.

i am going to put 17" rims/wheel on this car. what is the wheel dimension or width that will fit this car without any problem like rubbing.

what is the best exhaust/muffler to put on this car that will give it a better deep and smooth sound.

i want to put in racing seat. what dimension of racing seat will fit perfectly width and height wise? in order to install racing seat in the car do i need to buy new bracket or i can use the bracket already in the car.

finally, i can i get ride of or treat the rust in the interior

I assume you got the car running again? If so pm me sometime and we can meet up and you can see my set up (if I remember right you said you also live in Everett).

Currently I have Eibach lowering springs with tokico Blue struts and like it. The lowering springs lower the car about 1.5", I also used 240z rear strut insulators which lower the rear a tab more too.

I currently use the MSA 2.5" premium exhaust kit with the stock exhaust manifold. Sounds pretty good, deep, not ricer. If you wanted a louder sound use a different muffler then the one provided in the kit (dynomax turbo muffler). Also using a header will give it a better sound (imo).

If you have the money and want a really low car the easiest and safest(as opposed to just cutting the springs) way to do it would be coil overs but they're pricey. If you lower it too much you'll probably scrap though going over bumps. Currently with my set up I scrap my exhaust going over the speed bumps at EVCC. I have about 3" of clearance from the lowest part of my exhaust. So figure any lower and you'll have problems daily driving it. Also expect ride quality to decrease severely with a new suspension, you'll feel every bump in the road way.

I assume you got the car running again? If so pm me sometime and we can meet up and you can see my set up (if I remember right you said you also live in Everett).

Currently I have Eibach lowering springs with tokico Blue struts and like it. The lowering springs lower the car about 1.5", I also used 240z rear strut insulators which lower the rear a tab more too.

I currently use the MSA 2.5" premium exhaust kit with the stock exhaust manifold. Sounds pretty good, deep, not ricer. If you wanted a louder sound use a different muffler then the one provided in the kit (dynomax turbo muffler). Also using a header will give it a better sound (imo).

If you have the money and want a really low car the easiest and safest(as opposed to just cutting the springs) way to do it would be coil overs but they're pricey. If you lower it too much you'll probably scrap though going over bumps. Currently with my set up I scrap my exhaust going over the speed bumps at EVCC. I have about 3" of clearance from the lowest part of my exhaust. So figure any lower and you'll have problems daily driving it. Also expect ride quality to decrease severely with a new suspension, you'll feel every bump in the road way.

thanks for the ideas.