IGNORED

Injector problem

SoCAL

Hello guys i need some help.

i just bought a 78 280z

the car was running fine when i bought it but then the car would start for about 1 or 2 seconds and then the car just turned off and now the car wont start. I took it 2 a shop to do a diagnostic on it and they said that im not getting enough power to the injectors.

i changed the injectors pig tails but still won't start.

can any one help me out.

THANKS

oh, i had an issue that sounds similar.

it ended up being the battery connectors. I cut the old ones off and got new ones from parts store.

to test, with car power on, check voltage drop across battery first. shoudl be 12.5 or a little more.

then see what the voltage drops across wires from battery are.

they should be very very low. if you lose too much voltage right out of the gate, alot of things arent going to run well.

I would go with what Anthony says first before I'd trust your mechanics conclusion. I'd be curious as to what kind of 'diagnostic' he did since there's nowhere to plug in the commonly used equipment when working on these 30 plus year old cars. Is he familiar with 280Z EFI? Does he know that even when everything is right that you'll never see 12 volts at the injectors since there are dropping resistors in the system that lower the voltage to the injectors and to the ECU?

Hello guys i need some help.

i just bought a 78 280z

the car was running fine when i bought it but then the car would start for about 1 or 2 seconds and then the car just turned off and now the car wont start. I took it 2 a shop to do a diagnostic on it and they said that im not getting enough power to the injectors.

i changed the injectors pig tails but still won't start.

can any one help me out.

THANKS

Did he say your not getting enough power to the injectors or no power to the injectors? Did he mention if they were still opening and closing properly? Are you getting spark to all the injectors?

Did you do anything to the car after you bought it? I assume the car turns over without any problems but just won't fire up?

I'd try and find a shop that has experience with Zs. Or download a FSM and start with the rear of the car and work you way up making sure everything is working (fuel pump ect.)

Good Luck

Did he say your not getting enough power to the injectors or no power to the injectors? Did he mention if they were still opening and closing properly? Are you getting spark to all the injectors?

Did you do anything to the car after you bought it? I assume the car turns over without any problems but just won't fire up?

I'd try and find a shop that has experience with Zs. Or download a FSM and start with the rear of the car and work you way up making sure everything is working (fuel pump ect.)

Good Luck

i dont get power 2 the injectors