Need a 240z brake system tutorial, I've got information overload - Page 2 - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Need a 240z brake system tutorial, I've got information overload

Featured Replies

It's just basically there to allow a pressure sensor to be hooked up inline with both front and rear brakes, and warn you of low pressure in the system. It also acts as a divider for the front calipers.

It does more then that. There's a shuttle valve inside that will close off either the front or rear braking system if there's a hydraulic pressure variation between 187 and 250 psi. Its designed to keep from pumping all the brake fluid out of the system and give some stopping ability if a big leak occurs.

It can also really screw up a brake bleeding job if you don't gravity bleed the complete system before pumping the brake pedal.

  • Author

Hmm...ok, so this confirms what I mentioned above, about another thread I'd read illustrating this problem. I need to look into that, I think. I haven't yet opened the PDF service manual, so if it's in there just say so and I'll check it out after work, but is there a way to reset that valve if it's been tripped?

It does more then that. There's a shuttle valve inside that will close off either the front or rear braking system if there's a hydraulic pressure variation between 187 and 250 psi. Its designed to keep from pumping all the brake fluid out of the system and give some stopping ability if a big leak occurs.

It can also really screw up a brake bleeding job if you don't gravity bleed the complete system before pumping the brake pedal.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.