IGNORED

whats that noise?

DOHCD15

i had a 78 stock engine and tranny combo and then removed the engine for an f54 flat top with a fidanza flywheel, i chose to reuse the previously good clutch and pp with some issues lining up the old pp to the flywheel. upon start up there is a slight squealing noise coming from the bellhousing and when i depress the pedal the noise is gone. once warmed up the noise is constant with pedal depressed or not and have noticed rougher feel when engaging gears with reverse being a complete nightmare. i am leaning to the idea of the pressure plate being the culprit as it is the 225mm and i have recently been told the flywheel requires a 240mm. would that cause the squealing?

These are just guesses but something i myself would consider. Your flywheel could of been resurfaced wrong. Your throw out bearing could be bad if it was not replaced. Or maybe your clutch needs adjusted but those are just guesses and probably bad ones. Maybe some tranny guys will tune in.

You're right, the Fidanza flywheel is for a 240mm clutch which means your 225mm friction disc is operating on a non machined surface on the inside edge. Don't know how you managed to fit the 225mm as the pressure plate on the 240mm has nine fixing holes as against a lesser number on the 225mm.

You're right, the Fidanza flywheel is for a 240mm clutch which means your 225mm friction disc is operating on a non machined surface on the inside edge. Don't know how you managed to fit the 225mm as the pressure plate on the 240mm has nine fixing holes as against a lesser number on the 225mm.

I was under the impression the Fidanza aluminum flywheels accept both 225 and 240mm discs. It is drilled for both pressure plates I thought

I was under the impression the Fidanza aluminum flywheels accept both 225 and 240mm discs. It is drilled for both pressure plates I thought

I have seen Fidanza flywheels advertised specifically for the 240z but they all appear to have the 9 bolt fixing whereas the 240 clutch is 6 bolt. Not sure whether the implied suggestion is to upgrade to the 9 bolt 240mm clutch.