IGNORED

broken piston

norcaljimbo

has anyone ever had this happen to you?

http://img651.imageshack.us/g/sspx0640.jpg/

im buying all the pistons new. and was wondering if there is any reason i should not buy the flat top ones. i heard it will increase compression.

any other advice? im not sure witch rings to buy. i liked using the brand hastings can some people give me links to buy parts. thanks alot

The last post is a good start but there are too many unanswered questions to comment on flat top v. dish, like is this a normally aspirated engine? Are you running an aftermarket cam, if so what kind of lift, duration, overlap? What about lash caps? The only parts advice I could offer, given the limited information, is that I found a good deal on play-dough (is that the spelling?) at Walmart. Trust me, you will need it if you build a serious engine.

everything is stock for that year 76. non asp. just looking to get it smog legal. and maybe a few more hp if its not too much to ask for. already got the block empty and ready for new parts. just dont know where to buy the pistons and rings from online. i dont have too many good parts stores in my area.