IGNORED

'72 Datsun 240z 'shell' to purchase or not...HELP!?

MexiChriS

No seriously, in this town I live theres a ton of Z's but only one 1970 Z. Just found another straight '73. Vin was something like HLS30-10473090 which may be for grabs this weekend on the cheap If you want it. Ran a year ago before it was parked i was told. Has Black Appliance Hurricane rims and its green. Needs new interrior and paint but it's all there. I'm 30 miles North of Sacramento :) .

Edited by WingZr0

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37246&highlight=Z%27s

This is what I got for $950. Very original, except for the Recaro's which are awesome. The interior is in very good shape and very little rust. All it needed was a new Mechanical fuel pump and the fuel lines blown out with compressed air. It sat for 3 years, and the previous owner lost interest.

The plan is to clean it and keep it as original as possible. I will clean the engine bay, re-zinc all of the plated parts (here at home) and put a nice paint job on it.

Rich beat me to it...I was not worried about him because he told me he had no room for another....my plan was to buy it for $900, fix it up a bit and flip it....but ol Rich beat me to it. The Recaros would have been icing on the cake for me. I have a 71 I got for $400 that is 100% better than that beast. I drove it home. It is now being fixed up and will be for sale soon.

No seriously, in this town I live theres a ton of Z's but only one 1970 Z. Just found another straight '73. Vin was something like HLS30-10473090 which may be for grabs this weekend on the cheap If you want it. Ran a year ago before it was parked i was told. Has Black Appliance Hurricane rims and its green. Needs new interrior and paint but it's all there. I'm 30 miles North of Sacramento :) .

Ohh, I actually thought it was a 'fake location' haha! But no it's fine. I'm currently on the hunt for a '70 Datsun 240z and saving up for a cleaner one I suppose. Kinda want to get something more to the beginning of its time. Personal preference and desire to own myself one is all.

WingZro: You might of added a digit or two to that 73 VIN, 10 million, 473 thousand is alot of 73 Z's. :) Shouldn't really be any higher than about 172 to 173 thousand, for the 73 year. Bonzi Lon
LOL My Bad LOL ! It was something like that ;) . Actually it was about HLS30-104739 :) . If thats too low for that year then it was HLS30-107390. My photo graphic memory is mis placing a zero but I intentionally remembered the two digits of '73' and '90' , so the number 4 might of been wrong. And im leaning more now to saying it was three 2 digit numbers i did memorize as 10, 73 and 90 :) Edited by WingZr0