IGNORED

Crome bumpers?

'77az280z

Does anyone know where i can get crome bumpers for my Z?? I love the look but i really love crome, so the kind of bumpers i want to model mine after are late 60's corvette stingrays. Any help would be awesome since i havent been able to find any yet, mainly just fiberglass airdams n such that dont really give me what i want. Thanks alot guys. Also another quick question. In the morning when i start my car and start driving with the engine cold my stereo speakers make a popping noise then at the higher RPM's totally stop making any noise. But when the engine warms up the stereo works fine, any suggestions.

What year bumpers are you looking for? Based on your comments, I would guess 70-72 240Z bumpers.....

As far as I know, all S30 bumpers are NLA from Nissan. There are aftermarket suppliers that make 19741/2 to 1978 260/280 bumpers, check MSA or Black Dragon.

An option would be to find straight (good luck!) 70-72 bumpers and have them rechromed. It's expensive however and finding the "bumperettes" and rubber strips is difficult.

There is a seller on ebay right now selling brand new 70-72 240Z bumpers in polished stainless steel for a cool $1150. At least you wouldn't have to worry about rust!

;)