IGNORED

Triple Weber choke

tanny

The 1973 240 I bought has triple webers but their chokes(starter devices) are not hooked up. Does anyone have any advice on how to fabricate some linkage for these? I live in a fairly cool climate, so I assume I will need a functional choke. Am rebuilding the engine, so I haven't started the engine yet to see how these carbs perform. Thanks.

ps. I don't know how I put this question under k2chronics name. Somehow I must have been logged in under his name. Whatever I did, it was accidental. Sorry.

It's not fancy but I just extended the stock choke cable... On my last car I bought a universal choke cable. For the install I just loop it up near the front of the engine and back to the chokes.. If you get the idle set rich enough you may not need chokes. I just pump a few strokes, and it starts right up..

Thanks for the response.

Maybe it will work without the choke, but we do get some pretty cold days here in Colorado, so I think I'll try to make the choke workable. What I really wanted to know is if there is a linkage kit or parts sold somewhere that I could use to connect all three carburetor starting devices together so that I can then hook up the choke cable to one end. The carbs have no choke linkage at present. I know I'll probably have to fabricate something myself, but was hoping someone had some magic to make it easier.

But I have never seen one... What I did was to remove the outer part of the cable housing past the first carb.... and then run the inner through all three carbs. It seems to work fine. I will post a picture later to show what it looks like..

Thanks alot smg1404,

That's an excellent and relatively simple way to do it. I was thinking I would have to put on a much more complicated linkage setup(as usual, my pea brain is always trying to find a way to over-engineer it). A picture of the linkage would be great. Thanks for simplifying this for me. tanny@frontier.net:

:stupid: