Cruise Control - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Cruise Control

Featured Replies

Hello all

I've read a number of threads here about installing cruise control on a 280z. Does anyone have any thoughts on which one to go with and pictures of how it looks. I'm interested as I'll be making a fairly long distance drive this summer so I'm doing a bit of planning ahead

Thanks

Jan

The Dana cruise control for about $90 on ebay worked great in my '71 (similar one here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Cruise-control-after-market_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2304c461a5QQitemZ150403834277QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories). I used the magenets on the driveshaft and used a transmission mounting bolt for the sensor so I didn't drill any new holes. All the electronics are contained in the servo unit which I mounted on the passenger side fender inside the engine compartment. I ran the cable to the throttle linkage on the firewall and put the small control module on the center console. It works great and does a great job of holding the set speed. You can also "tap up" or "tap down" to increase or decrease the set speed by pressing buttons on the control module.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.