Throttle opener question - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Throttle opener question

Featured Replies

What happens when you try to run without the throttle opener with the Hitachi HJG46W (round tops) carbs? I have a 74 260Z and I'm looking at different mods like getting rid of the EGR and the air injection system along with the throttle opener.

Britt Boyette

I think you are speaking of the diaphram type opener.You'll never miss it.Make sure you plug the vacuum line.If I recall that was a throttle closer not opener.When you let off the gas it slowly closed the throttle.I trashed mine in the '70's and haven't miised it since. Have fun! Daniel

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.