IGNORED

Relay noise in dash

IdahoKidd

I am getting close to getting my 77zt going, down to some detail wiring. Here's the deal. When I install the fusible link (alternator and ignition circut) I get what sounds like a relay or a solenoid actuating sound from the upper middle of the dash at approximately 5 second intervals. Key on or off, doesn't matter. It will go on as long as I have the fusible link in place. I can't seem to locate it other than it seems to be above and behind the air vent. With just a test light at the fuse panel (I was then looking for something else), when the unit closes, it draws enough amperage to dim the test light, then when it releases, it brightens back up. I can't seem to figure out what it is and have been searching archives to no avail. Lots of info, non of it seems pertinent. It is an ac car if it matters. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Leonard

Edited by IdahoKidd
wording

It may have been. Nothing in the dash except for the headlights and the radio woke up. (which seems odd) The car had been parked since 1994. The wipers didn't work and I don't recall the switch position. I did determine the delay intensifier is on the passenger kick panel along with the rest of the relays but this noise is/was from high center of the dash. I just came in from the shop (5 AM) and either the battery is dead now or it has resolved itself as the cycling has stopped. I'll check later when it warms up to the mid 20's.