IGNORED

240K rear wishbone trouble

24TKman

im trying to change the bushes in the rear wishbone on the IRS set-up on a 240k, I pressed out the standard bushes, but can seem to fit the new pedders bushes...

there is a metal sleeve inside where the stock bushes sat, does the sleeve need to come out?? ifso how, ive tried pressing it out, heating it and it seems to be stuck??

next question, would R30 skyline rear wishbones bolt onto my 240k?

Hi, had the same issue when making my adjustable rear end. I wanted to change the bushes, but when I got them from Pedders they looked wrong. (Way too big). The new bushes don't use the original steel shaft, they need to come out, I got my hacksaw out, pulled it apart, put the blade through the mount and put the hacksaw back together. Carefully cutting through the tube only....you don't need to cut all the way through, just enough to weaken the cylinder so you can tap it with an old screw driver, just until you have enough meat to grab with a pair of pliers. Once you've deformed the tube it comes out easily. Good luck..

I'm fairly sure that the track on the r30 rear end is wider than a k's...suspension (spring and shock) also is in the wrong position, is it the rear discs that your after or the cv's?

Hi, had the same issue when making my adjustable rear end. I wanted to change the bushes, but when I got them from Pedders they looked wrong. (Way too big). The new bushes don't use the original steel shaft, they need to come out, I got my hacksaw out, pulled it apart, put the blade through the mount and put the hacksaw back together. Carefully cutting through the tube only....you don't need to cut all the way through, just enough to weaken the cylinder so you can tap it with an old screw driver, just until you have enough meat to grab with a pair of pliers. Once you've deformed the tube it comes out easily. Good luck..

I'm fairly sure that the track on the r30 rear end is wider than a k's...suspension (spring and shock) also is in the wrong position, is it the rear discs that your after or the cv's?

cheers dude, never thought of a hack-saw:stupid:

and yeah mate, the disc brake rear is what im after is there a better way to convert to rear disc's??

Standard r31 rear rotors will fit with about 20 mins of modification. You use standard r31rotors, standard r31calipers, standard r31 handbrake cable, and standard r31 brake brackets (these need to be modified to fit) angel grinder and file, but they bolt up fairly easy. Will post pics if anyone is intrested. Second option is what I have on the turbo couple, if your after vented rear you can go with z31 california rear rotor into the standard K A frames, pics on Operation 240k......Important to go fast, more important to stop!!!

Standard r31 rear rotors will fit with about 20 mins of modification. You use standard r31rotors, standard r31calipers, standard r31 handbrake cable, and standard r31 brake brackets (these need to be modified to fit) angel grinder and file, but they bolt up fairly easy. Will post pics if anyone is intrested. Second option is what I have on the turbo couple, if your after vented rear you can go with z31 california rear rotor into the standard K A frames, pics on Operation 240k......Important to go fast, more important to stop!!!

pics please:D