IGNORED

The total cost of paint supplies?

logan1

I am planning to paint my 240Z and needed some help putting together a good paint supply list.

Like everyone else I am trying to get the best bang for my buck. please QC my supply list and provide some good direction.

Also am i missing any key ingredients? I already have a air compressor and HVLP gun.

PearlWhitePaintsupply.jpg

My only concern would be getting all that for $266. I am a firm believer in the saying "you get what you pay for"

When I painted my friends GTI a few years back with PPG, the materials were $900.

Even with Omni which I consider a cheaper and lesser quality paint, it would have still been over $500.

Just food for thought.

If you arent taking her down to metal and doing a really nice resto then it probably doesn't matter. If you want it to look really good and last you may want to talk with others who have used these products. I am not familiar with any of this stuff.

Hopefully others will chime in as well.

Just a gallon of the orange paint for my 72 was $600 and it was 'the cheap stuff' Just the paint on the Volvo in my Avitar was $1700. It was good stuff, but installed wrong apparently and cracked. Lesson from that was get decent paint and put the money into someone that knows what they are doing. Orange car is currently being disassembled for painting so don't know other costs just yet.

Edited by IdahoKidd
3rd year of 2nd grade spelling error

Good... I am glad others agree with me :) I wouldn't dare spend the time and effort to paint my car without saving up for quality materials. Otherwise you will have just wated that money when you have to start over. Even more so when you consider you will probably have to remove the sub-par materials.

Unless someon has experience with this brand and could say otherwise. But at the cost, I highly doubt it.

I learned early on that you really do get what you pay for when buying new products.