IGNORED

Sumo Engine Co - Vancouver BC

Davis

Gentlemen

I am a recent member to the club and have purchased a 72 240 with a engine rebuilt (L28) by "Sumo Engine Co. (Canada 1992) Ltd

They were located in Vancouver BC

I have the warranty and service papers but nothing more than that. The work was done in 1995. The felllow I purchased it from said it had a performance can in it (very apparent)

Anyone heard of this company?? - I know little about performance builders for Z cars and would appreciate any info out there.

Personally - the motor seems a little over the top for a street car (as I wish to use it for) and I am considering bringing it back to a stock L28

any info or comment that would help?

regards Dave

Dave,

I just returned to Toronto after 4 years in Vancouver and I have never heard of this company. Perhaps they were swallowed up by another bigger co. like Canada Engines but I can't even find them on the net.

Good luck with your engine and if you need any experienced Z car help, see Whitehead Performance in Toronto as they are a great bunch of guys who love Z cars.

Cheers,

Chris

I was just out in Kitchener this morning visiting with Laverne Burkhart. he has 3 of the nicest 240's I have seen in Ontario. I bought a nice clean center console, pair of tail lights and the rear plastic light panel from him so I can clean up my '72.

Whitehead is on Rivalda Rd. just west of the 400 and north of Sheppard. The shop is almost at the very end of the road and on the left side.

Good luck

Chris

I got Laverne Burkharts number from the fellow who did the car appraisal for me - I would like to go see him first for some misc repair work that I need (intermittant gas leaking issue) - he is close to me which is nice

regards Dave