IGNORED

Front Suspension and Steering upgrade on c110

SHM17Y

hey guys,

first of all id like to start with the fact that i know little to nothing about susspension and steering

i want to upgrade the front end of my 240, better suspension, better brakes, tighter steering (personaly dont want to try and put in power steering as i dont like it, but i remember that when my 240 was on the road the steering was all over the place), ive been slowly reading through previous threads but cant seem to find specific answers

so i was hoping that other members could post up with what they have done to there 240's in terms of steering, suspension, brakes. Both just upgrading OEM and also retrofitting other car parts onto the 240. Hopefully with some more research and a few "lamens terms" questions i should be able decifer as to how i should go about my dat

for example i read in a thread that an r32 skyline crossmember fits into the front of the c110, however i cant seem to locate the thread again. I may have missread what was written. Whats the benefit of putting an r32 crossmember in? Im wondering if much or any r33/r32 stuff fits in, ie struts, brakes?

any help would be appreciated, even if your help is just letting me know that im barking up the wrong tree in thinking that i can get an r32 or r33 halfcut (depending on fit and price) and swap most parts, if i am how do i upgrade?

cheers SHM17Y

Edited by SHM17Y

R32 crossmember will not be a direct bolt in affair, two of the bolt holes may line up but all four won't. I think you can use another nissans lower control arms but not sure which.

You could buy a 33 front cut and get the crossmember welded into place then you wouldn't have to get engine mounts made up as well.

The C210 front xmember also bolts into the C110.. but not 100% sure what the difference is or if it gives a good alignment ( i will have to wait and see!)

The C210 xmember was put in by the previous owner along with a set of coilovers.. i have recently had them rebuilt with Koni adjustable shocks..

Brakes can be simply upgraded with the Hilux ones, or more painfully to newer 100mm Nissan calipers with a weld on adaptor

new nolethane bushes are probably a good starting point though.. there is a thread somewhere here i posted with the then available part numbers.. not sure how many of them are available now though.. i havn't checked in a while and the online stuff has gone offline :(

I also picked up a larger front sway bar from whiteline a few years ago (along with a rear swaybar add on kit).. hoepfully they still make them..

I would guess that you would need some major work to shoehorn in the R32/R33 stuff.. certainly not something to do haphazardly and without the help of a workshop/engineer!

Edited by khughes