Identifying head bolts - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Identifying head bolts

Featured Replies

Is there any way to distinguish between stock and turbo head bolts in the absence of numbered bags? I think they are stock but am not positive,also is there any harm in torqueing them to turbo specs just to be sure?

Thanks,

H Houghton

I have a set of new turbo bolts in the nissan packing. They have a very small '13' marking on the top outside edge of the bolt. I can't find my stock bolts, but as I recall they were plain on top.

Phred

  • Author

Thanks,

I'll check as soon as I get home. If you come across your stock bolts and they are marked differently please give me a heads up.

Thanks again

HCH

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.