IGNORED

Need help to get car to start State on my ass about my car sitting

HEADINTHECLOUDS

I will pay anyone $200-250 to get m 240z to start. I live in Silver Spring Maryland. I have owned a 1973 240z for two years now it has been sitting for two years. It did run before but I redid the interior and now it wont start. I have been trying to get it to work with some of my friends but none of us have very much knowledge when it comes to older/carbed cars.I really need help the state is up my arse trying to fine me $500 because my car is sitting in my driveway.

Put a car cover on it if they haven't fined you already. Can't help you mechanically, but I can recommend a mechanic local if you can tow it about 20-25 miles. They've worked on my 71 Z, they used to specialize in them back in the day, but now have expanded to all makes.

It was covered to begin with thats why the guy started asking questions and what not, my step dad and his big mouth had to go and say that it had been sitting for so long and that he hates my guts and he wishes I was more responsible and what not. But because of that the guy is all after my car now. My neighbor owns a 240zx that doesnt run his car is in worse shape then mine with a bent in door and cracked subframe yet since his wasnt covered he got away with no harassment at all. But anyway thats not the point. I would very much appreciate it if you could point me to a good mechanic. Thank you!!!!

Try Kearney's Automotive @ 301-322-3240. They've been there over 30 yrs, the daughter, Linda, now runs the shop. They rebuilt my last rx7 engine w/porting about 15yrs ago, it still runs strong. They also worked on my Z the last 2 years for some electricals and most recently located and installed a used camshaft, rockers and lash pads because my external cam oil spray tube failed. Had me back up and running in 3 days. I was shocked it was that quick!

The neighborhood isn't that great, but they are on an industrial street. PM if you would like a ride down there when you tow, if time permits I will accompany you, I'm just off of New Hampshire Ave. in SS.

Ya i solved most of the wiring issues have a new coil, dizzy cap, wires, plugs and I have spark but I think my timing may be off due to the fact that the dizzy might not be exactly where its suppose to be at tdc. I got a brand new turn key ignition due to the fact that the guy had installed a cheeseball push button system that I wanted nothing to do with. I also had to buy a new fuse box because the old one had burn marks and was a bit raggid. I also bought a new fuel pump because my old one had started to corrode and wasnt working I also got new lines and filters. I checked the carbs and im getting fuel to the jets cause they are squirtin. But I have no idea how to tune them or if they are giving the right mixture of air and fuel. In terms of engine it was a rebuilt engine with only 7000 on it so I assumed everything is working inside just fine.Just incase I sprayed some seafoam and wd40 to loosen up the pistons just incase an of them had siezed. I checked compression but only in the first piston I never got around to checking the rest. At this point as much as I want to do the work myself and learn my car a little better I dont have the time to sit down read and study the parts I have while im getting finned $500 every 2 weeks it sits.

It is extremely invasive and to my understanding completely stupid. I read the letter that was sent to my step dad about cleaning up the property and the removal or fixing of my car. In order to not get fined I had to first tag the car which I hadnt done because I didnt feel like paying car inscurance while it sat and then have proof or show proof that it is running/operates (It is tagged now with historic tags). I really blame my step dad for talking the guy up I mean my neighbor the one I mentioned earlier kept it short and sweet no extra info and no *****footin and the guy understood that his car was going to be out of commision for a week or so then it would be on the streets again. On the other hand my step dad wants to hand the guy my resume and tell him I never finish anything on time (WAY TO GO!!!). But ya i read the letter and although the words function/operate can be taken different ways from what I heard from my step dad the guy wants to come over sit down and listen to my car strum up a musical master piece for him (Im never home because of school or work).

I understand that my perception may be skewed because I live in "The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts" where just about anything goes (thank God), but I still can't understand how the government can force you to move your car off of your property. Unless the property is so filled with crap that it resembles an unlicensed junk yard, and its a "general clean-up" notice. Are you sure you stepdad isn't fabricating this thing to get your car off of the property?

I could see if the car were parked on a public street, but this is America (even Maryland...LOL), isn't it?

Even here in Idaho, at least in my city, every vehicle on the property must be licensed and insured if it is stored outside. I have 17 cars. Four of them are 1995 and newer. All of them run and are drivable but I only drive 5 on a regular basis (two are work trucks, one is my daughters car). I sent a letter back to the city telling them of their need to go have sex with themselves and haven't heard a word back in two years now. Only the 5 are insured, 8 are licensed. I am guessing that if they were to get a complaint from a neighbor it would be a different story. There is talk of a "clunker" law here to where it may become illegal to park a car over 20 years old on the street or leave in one spot more than 48 hours, even on your own property. This town, by the way, is the most "liberal" in all of Idaho and the county is only one of two counties to have voted Democrat last year. You decide if there is a correlation....... Ain't it great to live in a free country?

HAHAHAHAH yes it is beautifull to live in a free country. But a the house wasnt even that bad we had maybe 5 items out infront of the garage door nothing that large/old/rotting but the dude was really picky they even measured the hieght of the trees that hang over the sidewalk to make sure they had a 7' clearence. The belief is that two or three people basically rated out me, my neighbor, and two other families who got the notice. We believe it was because several houses on our block have not been sold (not to give the impression that I live in a bad neighborhood, its considered middle class america so its not bad but it aint the rits either youd think they would blame the economy more than there neighbors pacrat like behavior).